Wednesday 10 April 2013

Mid Week Motivation - Create Your Own Background

Hello everyone, it's Fliss here today with a little inspiration for you in the form of a mini tutorial in case you haven't yet taken the plunge and joined my challenge theme.
There are loads of ways to make your own background, especially with the very inspirational and creative Tim Holtz around designing ever more fabulous products for Ranger. My background is created using Distress Stains which if you haven't tried them, are a must for the stash box as you can do such a lot with them.
Here's one idea:


Add patches of Distress Stains to a craft surface (I use a plastic clipboard but you could use a craft sheet if you have one). I used Picket Fence, Milled Lavender, Spun Sugar and Tumbled Glass. Spritz with a little water to blend the inks and then push the card down into the stains. Dry and repeat until you're happy with the colour.


I then embossed the right side of my card with a Crafts Too folder and swiped Milled Lavender Distress ink over the raised areas. How easy is that! 


I made up my card by sponging a little Peacock Feathers Distress ink round the edges before adding to the card blank.
I inked some white card with Milled Lavender Distress ink then stamped on some script with Seedless Preserves DI. I die cut the doily (Papermania) from the stamped card and then sponged Seedless Preserves DI round the edge.
I stamped the butterfly (Hampton Art) with the Seedless Preserves ink and coloured the image with the Milled Lavender. i cut the image out and sponged Peacock Feathers on the edges of the wings.
I stamped the sentiment (Butterfly Kisses) with the same ink, coloured with toning Promarkers and cut it out. I then assembled the card as you see.

If you're interested in learning how to make some more backgrounds, on my blog you'll find a page named TUTORIALS and there are links to some of my techniques on there.

Have fun!
Fliss xx

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Fliss and great tutorial.
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Fliss, lovely colours
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous background for your card, Fliss - love the pastel colours.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.